Slot machines: myths & strategies
I’m not denying that slot machines aren’t a game of chance but I am saying that there are few things you can and should do to increase your chances of winning.
Firstly, it’s important to understand that slot machines are operated by computer and something called a Random Number Generator. This is a complex mathematical computer system designed to yield a random number. They generator millions of number combinations per minute.
So in order to keep your bankroll (and even enlarge it) you need to understand that
- no little ritual will have any bearing on the outcome of a spin;
- whilst you can work out the odds of winning on a slot machine, it’s impossible to calculate the odds by counting the symbols on a reel as these are now electronic wheels and the symbols are determined by the random number generator;
- there is no such thing as a ‘loose’ machine in a given location;
- slot machines do not have a set pattern or sequence of spins before paying out again because (at the risk of sounding like a broken record) of the random number generator;
- whether you sit at the same machine for 3 seconds or 3 weeks, your odds of hitting the jackpot are exactly the same as slot machines are never ‘due’.
Happy playing and good luck!